Monday 31 January 2011

money

Can't be arsed putting up pictures to go with this blog entry. Like a lot of us (well, me, our Mick and me Mum) we've kept up with the transfer window.


An absolutely sickening sight seeing Fernando Torres, complete with gormless grin, holding a Chelsea shirt, and vomit-inducing was his interview, shown on Sky Sports, about how wonderful it is to play for Chelsea.

I thought he was better than this. But obviously, his motivation for money is unerring. I don't believe he's gone to Chelsea to further his career. No footy player worth their salt goes to Chelsea in the wish of winning trophies. Because when they do, it's at the whim of the billionaire owner. And not organic meticulous management of highly-skilled footballers.

It's arse. Like in most industries, the shareholders / owners want quick, successful returns.

I can't really comment on our signings because we've gone with the flow. I knew nothing about Carroll until he appeared for Ing-er-land earlier on this season, and he reminds me of a young Duncan Ferguson. Suarez couldn't stop scoring for Ajax, and let's hope that trend continues.

0 comments: