Saturday 1 January 2011

normal

I don't like New Year - never have and never will.


I find it incredible that for just ONE night a year there's a certain amount of "peace and goodwill", "all the best" and all that malarkey. And then everyone goes back to being normal to each other again.

The best of the Human spirit should carry on all year round, not just for ten minutes either side of midnight on the 31st December / 1st January.

God knows I'm the worst person in the world to pontificate, but at least I'm consistently inconsistent in just being me.

Tonight, I did a shortened chippy run, and went to join the family at Jayne's folks' house. We left early, mainly because Bethany was tired. But I think there was a part of us that couldn't be arsed about NY.

Going to bed now, the fireworkers round Fazak have had their fun.

0 comments: