Sunday 2 January 2011

Bolton


Much, much needed win yesterday.

I don't think the status quo's changed. Hodgson's hanging onto his job by a thread, and I doubt a last-gasp winner from Joe Cole will have brought the manager too many plaudits.

Bolton set their stall out much the same as Wolves, but this Liverpool side had a lot more purpose and drive about it than midweek. Still, a 2-1 win is hardly a corner turned, and the problems that beset the manger before the game are still glaring him in the face after it.

I've done a lot of mooching over the interweb in recent days, more so after the Wolves debacle, and I tend to agree with much more learned people than me that Hodgson is a stop-gap until something more permanent's sorted out. Many say he has a three-year contract, but I say so what?

Sadly for Roy, the spectre of both Kenny and Rafa hangs over him. He's lost the respect of the fans, if he had any in the first place, and that's the death-nell at this club.

0 comments: