Sunday 9 January 2011

sleeplessness

Me and Jayne went to collect Bella from the Dogs' Trust in Huyton yesterday.


She's been an absolute joy so far. Very well behaved for an eight week old puppy. And, crucially, she gets on with our cat, Bayley. I think they each think the other one is a cat / dog and have taken to each other like brother and sister.


The first night with her, though, was a nightmare. Bella slept in our room, in her new bed of course. But I was up with her most of the time. At about twenty to six, I gave up trying to keep her asleep and came downstairs with her. We dozed on and off until just after 8am, when Jayne got up.

So what did I do? That's right, I went back to bed! The night shift was over.

We're hoping to keep her in her new den downstairs tonight, but we expect sleeplessness! For now....

0 comments: