Monday 17 January 2011

scared


The good and the very bad were on show at Anfield yesterday.

The "good" in the fact that our first -half performance was as good as anything I've seen from Liverpool this season. Torres terrorized the Shite's backline with some vintage running, and Merieles' first goal for the club was a good one. Tight at the back too. Couldn't complain.

Second-half was woefully "bad". I don't know what Gollum said to the Shite at half-time but they tore us to shreds for the first fifteen minutes. The injury to Danny Agger didn't help matters because as much as I like Soto The Greek, he's badly matched with the liability that is Martin Skrtel. I thought we were lucky for the draw by the end.

No matter how much Kenny juggles this side around there will be problems, because the majority of the players are simply not good enough. We're relegation fodder on this sort of form at the moment - I hate saying that, but it's true.

Hyypia, Alonso, Garcia, Finnan, Riise, Arbeloa, Crouch, Bellamy, Keane and Mascherano have not been adequetely replaced. We've scraped around the bargain bins buying players who have no right to wear a Liverpool shirt. Or a Liverpool reserve shirt. Zingari League and all that.

Henry, who was at the game, and Werner really need to be made acutely aware of the mess this Liverpool side are in, and do everything in their power to remedy the situation. Fast. Because this is one mess that will go away before the end of May, I tell you.

I'm scared, I really am.

0 comments: