Thursday 20 January 2011

supernatural

I don't understand weather that much, so when we've had a couple of days of fog, I'm still at a loss to explain it. It's gone very, very cold in Liverpool again too. Both things must be related - so I say!

Below's a pic taken from the Radio City website showing the fog over the shrouded River Mersey.


There's something truly spooky about images like this in my city. Maybe I'm in this reflective mood because I've started reading most of Tom Slemen's "Haunted Liverpool" books again - the library in Fazakerley has loads of them. And there's nothing quite like sitting off between chippy deliveries in Crosby on a cold, misty Scouse night and delving into my city's often gruesome and illogical past.

Another good ghostly Internet phenomenon is ex-Radio City broadcaster Howard Hughes and his Unexplained podcasts and website.

The only real supernatural experience I've had was the time I was on Crosby Beach in the dead of night on walk because I couldn't sleep. That in itself wasn't particularly "supernatural" but I swear blind that those Gormley statues were on the move.

I'm quite an analytical person who thinks a spade is a spade. And I get frustrated sometimes because I probably miss a lot of otherworldy stuff going on around me because of it.

0 comments: