Sunday 10 October 2010

Pat

Sad to report that our neighbour from Milton Road, Pat Hood, has died.

She's on the far right of this photo, sitting next to Mum.

Pat hadn't been well for a long time and, I hate to admit it, I'd only been up to see her once after I'd left the street. Mum was a regular visitor right until the end. Her and Pat had been the best of mates since we moved into Milton Road back in March 1970.

I went up Milton Road the other day, and it's so strange. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels so bare and lifeless and empty. All the folk we knew growing up are slowly, but surely, meeting their maker. Maybe that's why I sense the street's like an empty vessel now?

But Pat taught me how to tie my shoelaces. See, I learned something after all!

RIP Pat. Thanks for keeping an eye on us over the years xxx

0 comments: