Saturday 16 October 2010

engaged

Me and Jayne got engaged tonight.


I'd been planning it for a couple of weeks and I was quite nervous, but I popped the question to her, down on one knee like you're supposed to. The ring I got her doesn't quite fit, so I have to go and change it tomorrow - typical! By 10am!!!!!

We're very happy about it. It feels right, coming on from a lot of stressful times too personal for the blog. Jayne's a lot better in herself and so am I.

It's not the first time I've been here. A month after I moved to Ireland back in 2001, me and Lin got engaged. Looking back on it now, I think I did it more to show the world I didn't need their permission or approval to do anything I liked. We took it seriously for a while though, but it was never gonna work out with both of us pulling in different directions. Sad, but inevitable.

Back to the present and I feel the same as I said the other day - I'm not taking me and Jayne for granted. We still have a lot to work through before we set a wedding date. This is a start, a commitment to strive for something very special.

For a kick-off, Jayne needs to GET HER HAIR CUT!!!!!!!!!!

She will, one day, most likely when she feels like it lol........

2 comments:

Alessandro 16 October 2010 at 17:05  

Congratulations young man ! All the best for you both !

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster 16 October 2010 at 23:26  

Ta Skippy, love to you and yours x