Tuesday 24 August 2010

safari

Today, me, Jayne, Aaron, Bethany and Jay went to Knowsley Safari Park.

For me personally, I haven't been here in over 30 years. The last time I remember being on a double-deck bus driving through the reserve, and not much else.

The only other dealings I've had with KSP are the age-old wind-up of getting someone to ring Knowsley on 430 9009, asking for Mr. C. Lyon.......

The weather was fairly dreadful for most of the day, and I did worry when I came out this morning that we might not be going. But I think the poor weather actually worked in our favour because it was fairly quiet in the place, and we got to see everything we wanted without pushing, shoving or stampeding!

Tiger

Me, Bethany and Jay on the Pirate Ship. It wasn't long before Jay's face turned the colour of his coat!

Me, Bethany and Jay. Taken by Jayne.

A baby giraffe.

The camels were headcases. They came up to our car window to see what people would feed them. No food, and they quickly moved on to the next car.

Lions. We took some photos earlier on in the day of these beasts, but the poor weather spoiled them. Jayne took these snaps second time round, by which time the sun had come out.

A rhino. Again, a better photograph later in the day.

One of the sealions during their show. The sealions genuinely seemed to enjoy performing, and I found it entertaining, but I still wonder?

Aaron and Bethany. Hard to believe he's only 13. Whilst Bethany's a definitive 10!

Meerkats. Comparing the market.

We found these dodgems whilst waiting for Aaron to come off a ride. All I could do was spin in circles, and felt quite dizzy after it ended. £1 a go.

We had a really good day, and I think you would too. But, BE WARNED! The park is as expensive as hell. Mum gave us a couple of "free child with every adult" coupons, which really helped. But, as it was, the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and both Jayne and me did to, and that's the best value you can get.

0 comments: