Tuesday 10 August 2010

football

Took our Jay out on Sunday.


We went down to both Sefton and Calderstones Parks with the footy, with a trip to the McDonalds on Aigburth Road inbetween!

What I thought would just be a gentle kick around with a full-size football, turned into a monster session of whacking 30/40 yard cross-field balls at each other.

Jay's mastery of a football is astonishing. He's six years old, yet he's doing tricks way, way beyond his years.

Just as an example, I skimmed a brisk low ball across the grass, 20 yards maybe, and he stopped it dead first time. He then flicked the ball up once and hit a half-volley somewhere near me.

Left foot. Right foot. He can kick with both. Running with the ball is an art form few master at an early age. His heading is coming along fine too.

Now, I would never, ever push him in these tender years. And maybe, as his uncle, I might be subconsciously making him out to be someone a lot more adept than he actually is. But I've rarely seen football skills this good. I think it's up to him if he wants to follow it through.

P.S - McDonalds food is shit!

0 comments: