Monday 12 July 2010

wonder

The wonder of bus photography! I went to the North West Museum Of Transport in St.Helens yesterday to have a poke around some perennial old favourites. Here's a few highlights...............


MERSEYBUS 1301 - a 1973 Alexander-bodied Leyland Atlantean AN68/1R in process of possible repaint?

ARRIVA NORTH WEST 8702 - a 1971 Marshall-bodied Leyland Panther, new to Southport Corporation, transferred to Merseyside PTE in 1974, onto Merseybus in 1986, then onto Arriva Merseyside in 2000. Finally withdrawn from service in 2009.

WALLASEY CORPORATION 6 - a 1959 MCW-bodied Leyland Atlantean PDR1/1. Withdrawn from service by Merseyside PTE in 1973, then served until 1986 as a mobile clothing store for the PTE. Looks very tatty, even has the short-lived "Merseyside" logo from the mid-1970s intact, but apparently still starts first time and happily moves around the museum under its' own steam!

Now I know nobody apart from me gives a rat's bottom about any of these old buses, but tough. I like it, it keeps me out of trouble and please believe me when I say I've never had the inkling to try and have sex with an old bus!

0 comments: