Thursday 1 July 2010

roy

A big welcome to Roy Hodgson - new manager of Liverpool Football Club.


I can't figure out whether this appointment is good or bad. Good in that the club have taken their time and kept their mouths shut until an announcement can be made. Good, also, because we have a vastly experienced international manager with Premiership pedigree.

But it's bad because I'm not exactly leaping from the rafters with joy. This news is a little like the Everton chairman, Kenwright, telling the press they'd be "pleasantly surprised" at their new first team coach and finding out it was Howard Kendall for the third time.

For all his kudos, Hodgson has never really cut the mustard at the top level to this point. He had a disastrous spell as manager of Blackburn, and was caught in the headlights whilst coaching Inter Milan. So one has to wonder........

I hope I'm being too pessimistic for my own good? Good luck, Roy, try to do us proud.

0 comments: