Tuesday 27 July 2010

victoria

Today has seen the first visit to my city of the 90,000 tonne Cunard liner "Queen Victoria". Isn't she gift?


You're probably thinking, "good pics, Andy, you're getting better!" But, alas, I can't take the credit. I pinched them from the Liverpool Echo's website, naughty me!

I did go out tonight, after 11pm, when the ship left the port. It was a lovely night down on the dark beach, plenty of people around waiting for the ship like me. But not one single photograph I took turned out any good. They were all blurred or shocked. The video I took was fantastic, but I can't be bothered putting it up on YouTube yet.

Strangely enough, an unnamed member of staff from work, and his lady wife, were down at the Pier Head this morning watching "Queen Victoria" dock. By lucky chance, I'm quite sure the photographer from the Echo has snapped the couple, seen below on the left of the picture.

It's a small world, isn't it...........Ron?

0 comments: