Monday 5 July 2010

slabs

I spent the weekend at Jayne's and did a spot of camping in her backyard with the kids. Aaron's tent, on the left, was an impressive piece of work. My tent, on the right, is a bloody miracle that it could be put up again. I stuffed it in a bag, rather quickly, when I left that campsite in Wales last September and have forgotten about it ever since. Until now!


Unfortunately, the gazebo we found in the shed and put up, anchored to the floor on the patio, blew down yesterday during a rather strong gale. We'd had a couple of mini-barbeques around it in the last fortnight and were hoping it would be okay for a party we're hosting in a few weeks time. Sadly not, and the only thing the frame was any use for afterwards was scrap.

I cleaned up Jayne's front garden over the weekend too. We borrowed a jet washer from her brother, Phil, and I spent most of Saturday afternoon degunging paving slabs on the drive. It turned out rather well. So yesterday I totally knackered myself by lifting a lot of the paving slabs and putting a membrane sheet down to stop weeds coming through. Jayne and Bethany gave the front fence a repaint too. It was worthwhile, fun, if very exhausting.

I don't like hanging around - I need to do things. This weekend certainly didn't disappoint.

0 comments: