Tuesday 13 July 2010

onlined


Further leaving the antiquated ways of the old firm, we're going online in work.

This was something we, as employees, always talked about when we were G.B, but the management could never lose their ancient ways of doing things the old fashioned way, which might have served them well at one time, but me wonders if lagging behind this new fangled technology wasn't another nail in the coffin towards the end?

So many of our suppliers and customers have bemoaned the fact they can't deal with us electronically. It's not all true, because both me and Ron have done stuff for work at home using our own internet connection, but it galls me we can't do our computer stuff for work at work.

Sod's Law, I was handed the task of sorting out an internet package for us, and surprisingly it only took one phone call. I was fairly satisfied there and then that we'd get a good deal. So Ron and Mandy have given the go ahead to get us connected.

I did a website for the Liverpool branch of G.B without the management's knowledge and set up an email account. Even though it was awkhard to manage from home, it was all very straight forward, and I hope I can build up something more worthwhile in the near future?

0 comments: