Monday 12 July 2010

insurance

I got my insurance renewal for Anya3 today. I've been with Direct Line Insurance for the last seven years, discounting a few problems with some inept staff, they've been okay and have left me alone.


Until today.

This year, I'm gonna pay my car insurance in one lump sum, rather than monthly because they put all sorts of admin and interest charges on a policy holder that way, and I'm damned if I'm gonna put up with that again.

However, Direct Line have surpassed themselves this time by putting my insurance premium up from £334 per year to a staggering £456! This is despite that fact I've got seven years no claim bonus and a clean licence.

How do they justify such an obscene increase in my premium? Has it got a lot to do by the fact that they're owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland - an institution in so much financial shit it's untrue?

Or are they just robbing bastards hellbent on huge senior staff pay bonuses?

Probably a bit of both?

So Andy went on the insurance comparison website, Go Compare, and has seen some policies slightly less expensive than I'm paying now. It can be done. So why are Direct Line so intent at ripping me (and others) off????

0 comments: