Sunday 16 March 2014

Pillocks

Today, I had a slight mishap in a local branch of Tesco. I dropped a box of eggs on the floor. Egg yolk everywhere.

So a big "thank you" to my fellow customers who helped me clear up the mess. Not. They turned up their noses to my predicament, one bloke passed me and said, "shit happens, mate."

A young store assistant, bless her, brought out some wipes, and I helped her clear up my faux-pas. Now I'm not being wise after the event, but if that had happened to someone, I'd have offered to help. It's just in my nature, as a member of the human race, to help out another.

Sadly, so many of our compatriots are so wound-up in their own petty concerns and worlds, that they feel nothing for anyone but themselves. Just a simple little accident today, and they didn't want to know. I'd hate to see their reactions if anything bad ever happened. 

Pillocks.


0 comments: