Sunday 16 March 2014

flat-lining

I went with Aaron to a bus rally in St.Helens today. I won't bore the reader too much with all the mundane details, but it was fairly crap, and I wondered why we went?

I'm flat-lining on my buses at the moment, in that I haven't much interest in them - either more or less.

It's me, obviously. I spent a bit of time last year helping out at the Merseyside Transport Trust, and what impressed me was members dedication to the cause, in ways I couldn't. I have responsibilities that mean I can't put in the time other people can. It did me in a little bit, but it also reaffirmed where my life lies - first and foremost Jayne, Aaron and Bethany.

Every Tuesday night, Jayne asks me do I want to go to "bus club" (that's what we call the MTT) and I don't. Usually, I'm too knackered to go, but the other reason is I really can't be arsed, and I have a much better time with my family.

My personal hobbies / interests, when I think about it, don't really involve other people, or interacting with other folk more so - they can all be done singularly. Maybe it's because I appreciate my free time to myself much more now, than before I became "family man" when I could please myself to be honest.

I've got various projects lined up. Garden requires urgent attention, and Jayne's always got a job up her sleeve for me!!!!!

0 comments: