Monday 17 March 2014

left-handed

There's been an absolutely ridiculous conversation on the radio this morning, claiming that left-handed people will suffer/ have suffered in their lives / careers as a result of being....well, left-handed!

I'm left-handed, and my failings in life are entirely my own misdoing, and not the machinations of the State or other people.


My Dad was left-handed too, but he could write with both. From what I can gather, I think he was forced to write with his right-hand as it was deemed improper not to back in the 1950s by educational people. Being left-handed didn't do him any harm. Or Paul McCartney. Or Jimi Hendrix.

The other side of the coin, I know right-handed people with abysmal handwriting who've done very well for themselves. It's all roundabouts and swings.

Just think - there's "experts" out there who have made an entire career peddling this left-handed / right-handed claptrap. Fair play, you've fooled some of them, but not all of us!!!

0 comments: