Tuesday 1 March 2011

puppy

Here's some new pics of our puppy, Bella. She's four months old now and the best way to describe her is imagine putting a lit firework in with a box of matches.


I take her for walks at least twice a day. A short one in the morning before I go to work, usually accompanied by Bethany. And the big one at night. The long walk is becoming an increasing challenge because I wonder where else there is to take Bella around the locality. Tonight, for example, I took her all the way to Warbreck Moor and back, which is about three miles. Or the Gillmoss bus depot and back is about the same.

I have to say that this exercise is probably as good for me as it is for her. The original idea about the late-night dog walk was to knacker Bella out so she'd just konk out when I got her home, ensuring us all a good night's sleep. It hasn't really worked out like that.



What tends to happen is Bella will have a mad half-hour racing around and barking. Or fight with the cat. Her energy levels are incredible. All these long walks seem to do is empower her!


We love her though. She's the sort of dog who you wonder how life ever was without her.

1 comments:

Anonymous 20 April 2011 at 18:02  

bella is a nice but noughty puppy