Sunday 27 March 2011

climb

Browsing around the Interweb, I came across the website of St.Faiths Church (http://www.stfaithsgreatcrosby.org.uk/) in Waterloo - just yards from where I grew up on Milton Road.

Their picture galleries made all the memories come flooding back, especially this one. It was taken from the bell tower, and looks down over the roof of the main hall. As a kid, I regularly used to climb up on the church roof and walk along the guttering - lovingly shown on this photo.



There was the time I got stuck up there, and rather than have the fire brigade come and rescue me - there by getting into all sorts of trouble with the church authorities and my folks - I climbed down a 50 foot drainpipe. Our Mick was on the ground below, watching me in abject terror. I clung on for dear life, but my left leg once gave way shaking in fear. But I made it down in one piece, though looking back now, I really should've fallen and either injured myself very badly or worse.


I tell you, I can laugh now......

0 comments: