Sunday 13 June 2010

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I casually mentioned to Jayne that Cheap Trick were playing at the Manchester Academy on the 11th November - two days before my 40th birthday.


So Jayne, being the resourceful and caring partner she is, went on the Interweb and booked us two tickets for the gig.

It hasn't sunk in yet, but I'm going to see Cheap Trick......

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO SEE CHEAP TRICK!!!!!!! THE GODFATHERS OF POWER POP!!!!!!!! NO BLUESY MASTURBATION - JUST A SACKFUL OF THREE-MINUTE POP ANTHEMS PLAYED BY A BAND WITH A COMBINED AGE OF 247 BUT WITH THE GUSTO AND VOLUME (YES, LOTS AND LOTS OF VOLUME) OF SPEED-CRAZED TEENAGE PETE TOWNSHENDS.

Hope my Rick Neilsen t-shirt still fits?

0 comments: