Sunday 23 May 2010

success

I had a busy day with Jayne yesterday. A few weeks ago, she bought a flatpacked barbeque from B&Q, and yours sincerely spent a couple of hours putting the thing together with only a screwdriver. Success! I built it, but it's been hanging around in Jayne's front room because she didn't have a gas bottle to light it, which we remedied by a return trip to B&Q and paying £47 for a small butane gas bottle. Whether we were ripped off, I'll never know.

I've also bought a new mattress for my bed. The current one is wrecked. I got the new one from a second-hand place in Netherton, but the mattress itself is an unused reject from the manufacturers. For £40 I can't complain. I'll pick it up during the week if I can pinch the loogie for a bit, hopefully.

We came back to Jayne's, armed also with some incorrect coke bricks that would do the job for this attempt, to do a lunchtime test. I had a couple of veggie burgers, and Jayne had some 1/4 lb yak burgers.

They smelt and tasted very, very nice after cooking. Second success!

And just to prove they were okay, here's pic a me eating my veggie burger done on Jayne's barbeque.

And I'm still here now, a day later, writing this! Third success!

0 comments: