Sunday 23 May 2010

camelot

I went with Jayne, Aaron, Bethany and their church group to the theme-park Camelot today.

It was still very warm, and to be honest, I could've happily just sat in the shade in the garden today. But we'd paid our fares - both for entrance and the coach. And it was worthwhile because we had a good, if draining, day.

Aaron attempts to pull King Arthur's sword out of the stone. Sadly, neither he or me could wrench the bugger free - probably fixed in with that heavy-duty chemical anchor adhesive we sell in work!

The bad knight at the joust.

Another knight at the joust.....

The other knights at the joust. They jousted, and pretended to beat the shit out of each other in a choreographed sequence straight out of "Carry On Don't Lose Your Head".

Ah, now here's me waiting in the queue to ride on the Excalibur 2. Nervous? Never......

There's me holding on for dear life. I kept my eyes closed most of the time. Up, down, left, right, etc.... Still, it gave me a good workout for next week's ferry to Ireland!

Me and Bethany wait for the Dragon ride. She wasn't that scared really.

Bethany in a go-kart. Her driving skills belay her tender years.

Me in a go-kart being rude, just about to be lapped by a small child.

Me and Jayne at the end of the day, both of us knackered. I like this pic though.

Even with the gorgeous weather, Camelot was fairly quiet. It's not long reopened after an extended closure and re-think on how to make the place attractive. We had to queue for most of the rides we went on, but not for very long. Best fun we had was probably the log-flume, that we sadly didn't get any photos of, and neither me nor Jayne were paying £5 for the official ride shot.

We took a load of butties and drinks, which saved us a fortune. And all in all, we had a good day. But it's not the sort of place I think I'd return to again and again because I think I'd personally get bored. The challenge to the management of Camelot is to keep the paying public on their toes, and I wonder if they ever can?

0 comments: