Saturday 4 December 2010

merrier

We started putting up the Christmas decorations today.


This is a comparatively new experience for me. I never bothered when I was at Mum's, and even less when was at B'sands. Jo once put up a fibre-optic Christmas tree in the flat, which was pretty cool to be honest, and I think I liked it because it was quite understated.

Christmas is something this year I'll have to endure for the sake of other people. I've had a couple of quite pleasant years away from all the bullshit, but particularly with Aaron and Bethany, I can't go around this time with a face on me.

If Christmas turns out to be a laugh, then all the merrier. But if it's the same load of bollox that I've percieved it in the past, then I think I'm better prepared to force-smile my way through it now than I've ever been.

Must be age........

0 comments: