Sunday 19 December 2010

ferris

Me and Jayne went to see John Bishop at the Echo Arena last night. We arrived a little early, so with nowt to do, we went for a ride on the thing pictured below.


The Liverpool waterfront has been transformed over the last five years. Where once there was just a massive, dusty open air car park has been replaced with a state-of-the-art concert venue, surrounded by hotels, shops and bars. There's a real atmosphere there now.

The ride on the ferris wheel lasted ten minutes, and cost us £15!!!!! But the views were stunning - 200 feet above the ground. Sadly, many of my photographs didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked, but I'm rather taken with the below shot looking north towards the Pier Head......


After the ride, which petrified a usually unflappable Jayne, we went for a drink at nearby Jury's Inn. Maybe it was just us, but we felt very underdressed in the sense that we're in our scrag, and everyone else was dressed up to the nines. The "Beautiful People" as I call them. They might be famous folk, I really wouldn't know.

The John Bishop show had its' moments. He's a funny bloke, and I must admit I've warmed to him more over the last year. But I feel he's welshing his moment for all it's worth, which is fair-play to him. John seems genuinely perplexed by his rise to fame.


Would I go and see him again? Probably not, but carry on lad...carry on....

0 comments: