Tuesday 22 February 2011

wales

I'm catching up as ever with the blog. Last week, we all went for a day trip to North Wales. This originated by a plan I had with Aaron for the two of us to go to a disused quarry near Denbigh that I know, armed with just his drums and my SG and ROCK out until our heart's content. But there's other people to consider and we had a lot of laughs in the process.

And we took Bella the puppy - who currently is the Spawn of Satan!!!!

Our first stop was Blaenau Ffestiniog, where we had a picnic and visited the station and narrow gauge railway. The place was all shut up, nobody about, but it still made for some stunning scenery.






I've always wanted to do a day trip on the train from here to Ffestiniog. I nearly did it the other year, and hopefully still will, because today certainly wetted my appetite.



Our next stop was to check out a caravan park in Snowdonia called Ogwen Bank that Jayne and the kids had spent happy holidays at previously. Again, it was shut, but we picked up a brochure and took some great pics.




Then we went on towards Betws-y-Coed, but passed through the foreboding mountains and lakes surrounding Bedgellert........


We parked off at Betws-y-Coed for a bit of shopping, but made a stop at Swallow Falls, where a self-service turnstile led down about 200 steps (and up again!) to the waterfalls. Which Aaron stands against. 



It was a fun day out and I really enjoyed it. I love Wales, the north part especially because I spent a lot of my childhood there - the Costa Del Scouse!!!!

0 comments: