Tuesday 22 February 2011

Scenic

We've bought a new car - a 56-plate Renault Scenic 1.6 16V. In Oyster Gold.

Pictures to follow.

Basically, both myself and Jayne have had long discussions about our car situation. And we can't afford to run two cars at the present time. Insurance has gone through the roof and I don't even want to go into the price of petrol.

So we've traded both our cars in and bought this new one. It's very futuristic. The handbrake is to the right of the steering wheel and it has a computerised-dashboard that's quite similar to the Starship Enterprise!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to see Anya3 go.

Of all the Arosas and the Lupo I've had and played with, Anya3 gave me the least satisfaction to be honest. It was a good car, but when things went wrong, they really went wrong!!! I needed a fair few hundred quid to keep her on the road, which I ain't got either. Jayne was in a similar situation with her car. Our trip to Wales showed that although her 1.4 engined Scenic did it, it was heavy going too.

We hope by getting a new car, in a way we'll be saving money. And there's all sorts of stuff coming up in the next year. Stay tuned.

0 comments: