Sunday 6 February 2011

preview

It's not often I do a preview before a Liverpool game, but I will today.


I sincerely hope Lucas Levia pole-axes Fernando Torres out of the game. If Lucas gets sent off in the process, and we lose 5-0 anyway, then that's small change for putting this bleating sod of a player out of our collective hearts.

Or Skrtel, CrosbyCarra, in fact any of them can do the job.

Torres musings in the last week have been nothing short of disgraceful. His heart's still with Athletico Madrid, his boyhood team he went on to captain. Well, that's fair enough, but the four years he's spent at Liverpool haven't existed in the meantime.

We've got both Suarez and Carroll, but do you think, regardless of the millions of goals they could both score over the years for us, I'll see their time here as anything other than a stepping stone for other challenges? I can't or won't. There's been players at Anfield who've left but have never truly LEFT if you know what I mean? My boyhood hero, Craig Johnston, hung up his boots at the age of 27 to care for his sick sister in Australia - but at the time it was seen as a way to get a transfer elsewhere. He didn't, he was genuine, and his collection of Liverpool mementos is still as close to his heart as it was when he first joined.

I don't think, aside from Skippy, Robbie Fowler or Luis Garcia, I've held a player in such high esteem than Torres. He should just keep his mouth shut and get on with playing rather than spouting shite that degenerates Liverpool Football Club at every turn.

So today is payback time. You don't shit on Scousers, because we have an uncanny knack of doing the same back.

Liverpool FC Waterloo YNWA JFT96. We plan to live forever - so far, so good!

0 comments: