Saturday 10 January 2015

knocked

On the day I was made redundant from my last proper job, the guy from the insolvency firm who were looking after the affairs of the company assured me that the Government-back redundancy payout would be roughly, and I quote, "a couple of grand...."

Well, tonight, after a lot of messing around I got an email from the Insolvency Service informing me that I will receive the princely sum of four quid short of £1,100.........

Talk about being knocked for six.

The thing is, both myself and Jayne had spent this "couple of grand"  in our heads for when it eventually came through. I wish we'd never even thought about it now.

I feel like I've been cheated, even though the figures are unassailable and correct. Maybe it's "just rewards" for the times I sat there at my desk and read old "Buses" magazines when I should've been doing something more productive? I dunno......

My long-term job prospects are a little up in the air because I'm currently employed three months on, then one month off, etc.. And even though I know I'll be back after that month's break, I'm wondering what to do during that time away? I have options on doing agency work again? Maybe get my taxi badge for a second time and try that for a couple of weeks? Or something completely different? I'd love to drive a van again!

I was complacent at my last job, but when the push came, I didn't piss about and spent 12 miserly days on the dole before getting back into work. I don't plan on being one of Cameron's Millions again, and like I always say time will tell.

0 comments: