Thursday 14 April 2011

horses



I regularly take Bella for walks up on Fazakerley Sidings, the disused and overgrown railway yard closed by British Rail back in 1987. This now-nature reserve backs onto Aintree Racecourse, and the week before the races, I got some shots of the fences. I don't know too much about the course, but I think this is Becher's Brook?


I don't like horse racing. I think it's cruel to run horses solely for the benefit of profit. The inhuman way the jockey rode Ballabriggs to victory in this year's National was a disgrace, and I think the lad got off lightly with a five-day ban. And two dead horses does the event no good at all either.




Maybe next year we can have all the jockeys whipped by the horses to within an inch of their lives. Then there WILL be an outcry. Our general attitude towards animals is sickening.

0 comments: